Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suggestions

1. can't get my Default Tab setting to stick.

2. Only seeing about 1/2 the information previously shown.

3. Why the heck can't does "sign in" take you to a generic welcome page?

What a waste of time, you expect users help you (Apple) support new users and answer questions yet this new format makes it a pain to do so.

4. The oversize fonts and silly balloons on posted replies look very unprofessional, your forums used to look much better than they do now, how about making it look less like kiddieland.

Enough for now-

pancenter-

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 3:25 PM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2011 5:56 PM in response to Pancenter

Hi, Pancenter -

#1. The 'set as default' function is not a global setting for tab choices; it applies only to the specific community in which it was chosen, as well as to one's homepage.

#2. Not sure what you're not seeing. The info presented is in a different array, and some is indeed different than what was presented in AD. Since ASC is a new construction, rather than a remod of AD, more specific details would help those resonsible for it to know what features/info are desirable.

#3. After signing in on the sign in page, I'm taken to the last page I looked at in ASC. Typically this is the homepage, since I have that set as my start page for ASC - initially the generic 'welcome stranger' view, then after sign-in to my personalized version of it.

#4. Some folk with bad eyesight and/or small devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.) find the large fonts convenient; others don't. The balloons are a bit cutsey. Some of us have asked for some remedies re better use of available whitespace; we'll have to wait to see if any of those are acted upon.

Re editing - unlike all other posts in a discussion (thread), the edit function for the original (thread-starting) post is in the Actions box in the RH sidebar.

Suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.