Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 is not saving my Password

Hello Apple Users,

i have a Problem with the Apple TV 2 - since the Last Firmware Update, the Apple TV 2 doesnt save my Password for further buying. I always have to type in my password. The Apple ID is saved, but not the PW.

Every Time Apple TV 2 asked me, you wanna save the PW? - i say yes, but it doesnt save it.

Well, i made a reset of the Firmware, but no change.

Every night i go to bed, i switch off power from the tv and Apple TV. Iam not switch it off, ich pull the power plug. So there is no Power for the devices.

In earlier Firmwares that was not problem for the Apple TV. PW was always saved. Anyone have a clue, where the Problem is?

Thanks a lot.

AppleTV 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 4:30 PM

10 replies

Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM in response to rnewmancork

I believe I missed the original post, but I don't usually participate in threads that have become a long list of me too's. Most people's symptoms and set ups are different and it's difficult trying to answer one poster when a thread gets like this. You'd be better off starting your own thread and describing your symptoms and set up properly.

Jul 4, 2015 8:16 PM in response to maxhenri1217

Yes! There is an answer. After searching for this too, found a how-to post, and It's not intuitive. Apparently, the password save feature got reset to default after a recent update.

You need to sign out of iTunes on your device and then sign back in. Then you see the option.

Go to Settings/ ITunes Store/ Apple IDs

Select Sign Out

Sign back in with your Apple ID.

You will see an option which says something like:

"Save my password for future purchases and rentals in the iTunes store"

Select yes.

And voila, worked for me.

Apple TV 2 is not saving my Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.