Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro monitor color problem

Hi,

I bought recently a new monitor (samsung sa3000) really cool monitor the problem is that when connected to my mac pro the colors yellow, blue and green are more brighter than usual , at first I though there was a problem with the monitor but when I hook up the monitor with my macbook and everything is fine, I also use this monitor with my xbox and everything is amazing. I also have my TV as secondary screen connected to the mac pro and the colors are normal.

I have win 7 in the mac pro and the problem is the same blue yellow and green colors are weird so is not only a OS X problem. User uploaded file

2009 Macpro specs:

Mac OS X 10.6.7

2 X 2.26 Xeon

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Monitor is connected via dvi and the tv is connected via vga, I try switching and its the same.

Also I try using the same profile In the MP that the macbook make to the monitor but It didn't work. (because the monitor colors are fine with the macbook)

I upload some example pictures so you can judge. And the photo I took form the macbook looks exactly the same in the monitor when connected to the mac pro, Isn't that weird ?, It maybe is a gpu problem?User uploaded file

photo links:

http://img847.imageshack.us/i/screen...10428at536.png

http://img217.imageshack.us/i/screen...10428at536.png

PS sorry if my english´s bad User uploaded file

thank you.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Monitor calibration colors problem

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 6:58 PM

2 replies

Mac Pro monitor color problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.