Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Presets Consolidated in One Menu?

So I just upgraded to Aperture 3 and it looks like all my adjustment presets have been consolidated into the new Presets pull-down under the histogram. Is there no way to have the presets for each individual adjustment show up under that adjustment brick's little gear icon like they were in Aperture 2? Previously, if I wanted to apply a sharpening preset, for example, I'd just pick it out of the Sharpen brick's gear icon. The preset was just one level deep in the menu. Now I have to select the Presets pull-down, find Sharpen (which isn't in the same order as the bricks are) and then select the preset I want. Now it's two levels deep in the menu. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is now?

8-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro (2008), Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 7:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2011 8:09 PM in response to JJakucyk

Here's a good way to make your most-used Adjustment Presets readily available: edit the list, create a new Preset group, put it at the top, and put copies of your favorites in it. All this can be done via the "edit" selection at the bottom of the Presets drop-down menu.

This screenshot shows on Preset in that top-level group. Note that these fly out -- no clicking except the Presets button and then the Preset itself.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Apr 28, 2011 8:14 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Yes I realize that, but it's not what I'm talking about. While I understand the value of having adjustment preset "sets" available in the Presets pull-down, it makes no sense to have to go to the same faceless menu to select individual presets when you used to be able to pick them from the appropriate adjustment brick in Aperture 2. The little gear icon in each brick is basically useless now.

Apr 28, 2011 8:20 PM in response to JJakucyk

I never used Aperture 2.

In Aperture 3, Presets contain whole sets of adjustments from multiple Bricks. It makes no sense to make them available at the individual Brick level, as there is no "appropriate adjustment Brick".

You wanted your favorite Presets available with two clicks. I provided a method to achieve that.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

All Presets Consolidated in One Menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.