Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How rehabilitate Imovie 's use of the core 2 duo dual-core ?

Or Why IMovie have stop using core 2 duo and now stock around 60% instead of the usual 175 % of processes ?

Greetings

It's been 30 hours now that I struggle with various hypothesis of work, trying to rehabilitate the full capacity of IMovie 08 (v 7.1.4) to export in a proper time.

Usually, during exportation, Imovie use 150 to 175 % of my MacBook Pro Core 2 duo, since the last two days, it is stock between 30 and 70 % and I can't figure why. Lately, at its best, It went back to 120% for about two minutes and drop back to 65%.

It is like that since I bounce a 15minutes single track on Logic Pro 9 while IMovie 08 was exporting. It then generate a ReportCrash's crisis that I've try to describe my best here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3025130?answerId=15090079022#15090079022. As the Crash Report was about QMaster / Qmasterd, I have removed completely the application withouth been shure it was a good idea.

It then let IMovie gain back some strength and to now use around 60% of the capacities instead of the poor 25% of the crisis time. Still it make my work days compromise as an export that was taking 40 minutes is now recquiering 260 ! I was fearfull that qmaster could have been an architectural piece that make possible the usage of the dual core ( Core 2 Duo ) but by a test on another similar cpu without qmaster, Imovie was still exporting at 140%.

Any suggestion is welcome.

This happen at the worst time I could have imagine as I have to quickly produce a pilot as a film project proposal. What seemed flush in the usual exporting time now seem compromise by that bad surprise.

If nobody has a clue, does efficiants clip's trimming programs exist for mac ?

Hope they is a known way to solve this issue without having to bring the machine to the store

Thanks in advance for your help

Geoffroy

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 1:28 AM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2011 4:33 PM in response to Dezabuzaï

Getting even wierder. I've download IMovie 6 and everything works at usual speed. I then have reinstal IMovie 08 just to try. Same exportation problem. But then whas really blow my mind is that when I import ou command any other task to the application, it runs around 140% and 175% while exportation stay constantly under 80%

pure mystery.

Anyone who ever experience it ?

Even without solution to share, I would feel less alone to ear a quest for soultion's sister/brother ?

May 1, 2011 12:14 PM in response to Dezabuzaï

UPDATE

Same thing when I try IMovie 09. For exemple a 46 sec video ask 25 minutes to export in h.264 through quick time 7.6.9 while two weeks ago it was asking 7minutes... The process stays around 40-80% . Like said before, it is only concerning exportation because import run to a proper speed...

I was thinking about reformating the whole thing and getting osx 10.6, but I am in the middle of a filming trip and will only reach home in a month.

Any ideas of solution in the meantime ?

How rehabilitate Imovie 's use of the core 2 duo dual-core ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.