Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually connect to remote speakers

Greetings,

I am using Windows 7 and iTunes 10.2.2.12

My laptop is connected to the Ethernet port of my Cisco wifi access point. I also have an Apple Airport Express with one set of speakers connected to it. The Airport Express is connected to my wifi network only. When I connect my laptop to the wifi network all is well (I can manage the Airport, use my speakers through iTunes). Everything is on the same 192.168.1.0 network.

When I connect my laptop only to the Ethernet port of my Cisco wifi access point (same 192.168.1.0 network), I cannot use my speakers and the Airport Utility does not see the Airport; at least when you "scan" for it. When I manually enter the IP address of the Airport Express into the Airport Utility, it connects to the Airport Express and I can manage the device. iTunes does not appear to have a way to enter the IP address of your remote speakers. It seems to have some automagical feature that scans the network and find the speakers. This automagical scanning seems to only work though the wifi interface of my laptop and not through the Ethernet interface.

My question: If I could simply tell iTunes the IP address of the remote speakers, I would be able to stay connected to the Ethernet interface and use the remote speakers. How do I manually enter my remote speaker IP address(es) into iTunes?

Thank you.

-Lee

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 6:51 AM

1 reply

Manually connect to remote speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.