Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I download internet explorer 7 to my new mac?

I have to use a specific website for work which only runs through Internet Explorer. How do I download it to my Mac? I checked the Windows site and can't find it on there???

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 12:57 PM

Microsoft has not written IE for Mac for years.

But might be a work around for you.

Launch Safari. Navigate to the site.

From the menu bar click Safari / Preferences - Advanced

At the bottom of that pane click: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the Safari menu bar click Develop / User Agent. Try IE 8, 7, or 6.

The next time you quit then relaunch Safari it will default to Safari 5.0.5

If that doesn't work, for sites that do not support Safari, you would need to install a Windows partition on your Mac.

One suggestion is to use BootCamp... user guide here. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2011 12:57 PM in response to kramernic

Microsoft has not written IE for Mac for years.

But might be a work around for you.

Launch Safari. Navigate to the site.

From the menu bar click Safari / Preferences - Advanced

At the bottom of that pane click: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the Safari menu bar click Develop / User Agent. Try IE 8, 7, or 6.

The next time you quit then relaunch Safari it will default to Safari 5.0.5

If that doesn't work, for sites that do not support Safari, you would need to install a Windows partition on your Mac.

One suggestion is to use BootCamp... user guide here. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf

Apr 29, 2011 12:55 PM in response to kramernic

Internet Explorer only works on Windows. To use it, you would have to use a windows machine or install windows on your Mac.

You could try changing the User Agent of Safari by going to Safari>Preferences>Advanced and checking the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" option. Then under the Develop Menu change the user agent to Internet Explorer 7.0. This might work and it might not, depending on how the website is coded.

how do I download internet explorer 7 to my new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.