Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Show In Playlist" shows every playlist folder

I restored my very large library this week (related to my iPod Classic freezing). I dumped the itl file, started iTunes and imported my Library. After this process was done I noticed that when I right-click a song to see what playlists it is in, the pop up displays EVERY playlist folder in my Library. The individual playlists that the song is actually in are also displayed, but this huge list of folders obscures where they are. I am an old hand at iTunes and have never seen this. Coincidentally, when I select any playlist folder in the playlist column it displays a song count equal to my whole library (as opposed to just the count of all the songs in the playlists inside the folder). What happened and how can I fix it?

In the screen shot below, the selected song is in 4 playlists (circled), but all playlist folders are displayed.

User uploaded file

Dell desktop, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2011 1:12 PM

Update:

A day after I posted this, iTunes somehow self-corrected and the display of Playlists went back to normal. I'm glad I documented it for posterity though.

1 reply

"Show In Playlist" shows every playlist folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.