Hello everyone. I'm not sure if anyone here can help me with this, but I'm losing my patience with an iPad 2 issue I've been having.
Here's the short version of the story: I can't sign up for 3G service at all on my Verizon 16GB iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.2. Whenever I click "View Account" on the Cellular Data settings tab instead of a form to fill out your information to sign up for 3G, I get some text that says "cannot activate your iPad" and some number for a Verizon customer service line.
Now here's the backstory to this problem: I originally had one of the first batch iPad 2s after waiting online at 1am PST on March 15th to order one. It came with a dead pixel and very bad backlight bleeding issues. I decided to use my warranty a few months later to let the manufacturing errors and glitches minimize. Three days ago I did just that and I walked out of the Apple Store with a brand new iPad 2... that wasn't connecting to 3G. I made another appointment and went in again today to do another swap out. They diagnosed my iPad as another lemon model and sent me out with even another brand new iPad. However, I get home and I update the firmware only to have the same exact problem as I had before: "cannot activate your iPad."
Now for the specifics to my problem: This seems to be a relatively new and undocumented issue. However, seeing that I have went through 2 iPads in a row with this problem makes me wonder if I've walked under any ladders recently without knowing or that somehow the 3G reciever section at the plant in China decided to quit working for a few hours; my guess is as good as yours. Just to clarify, my PRL number is not 0 and while talking to a Verizon representative they could not even find my MEID number on their system.
Now, the problem to my problem: I don't know what to do now because my spring break ends tomorrow and I need to get back to college where there are no Apple stores nearby. I tried to test out the 3G in the Apple store when I was there but apparently Verizon takes a while to actually recognize the system and I didn't have time to stick around (besides, I would have needed to go home to update the firmware to troubleshoot anyway). So... I'm in a pickle. I'm planning on calling the Apple representatives tomorrow to see if they can do anything, but I don't have very much confidence that they would be able to do more than what the Apple geniuses can do. I'm just posting my story on here to see if anyone else can help in the meantime.
But, anyway, sorry for writing a novel and thanks in advance for any help you decide to assist me with.