Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Resolution on Win 7 thru Bootcamp?

I'm on a 2008 iMac 20". I have an external display. It's 19" and its native resolution is 1440x900. When I run OS X Snow Leopard, I use a program called SwichResX to force OS X to allow the external display resolution to be at 1440x900. It looks great!

Here's the problem--In Bootcamp, the best resolution Win 7 can give the external display is 1280x800. This causes the windows to look larger and slightly pixelated in the external display. I would love to use SwichResX, but it's a Mac-only program.

Also, when I run Win 7 on Bootcamp in VMWare Fusion through OS X, the external display WILL work at 1440x900. The main problem is when I actually boot to Win 7, it goes back to 1280x800.

Is there any way to force Win 7 to use the 1440x900 resolution in bootcamp?

iMac 20" (2008), MacBook (Mid 2007)

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 10:16 PM

There are no replies.

Force Resolution on Win 7 thru Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.