Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download ebook to ipod touch without wireless

I do not have WiFi available at my location. I connect to the internet with cable. Can I download an ebook to my MacBook, and from there sync to my iPod Touch?

Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 7:02 PM

Maybe. Depends on the eBook reader.

If you are using iBook eBook reader, then iTunes -> Books, then you should be able to drag and drop the book onto your iTunes icon, or you can use iTunes -> File -> Add to Library...

If you are using a different eBook reader, then it may have registered with iOS that iTunes may sync documents for the app.

iTunes -> iPod Touch -> Apps -> File Sharing. Select your App from the File Sharing list, and drag your ebook to the Documents window.

eBook readers I know that support iTunes sync'ing are

BookShelfLT

GoodReader

Kindle

Stanza

This is NOT a complete list, just the eBook readers I have installed that show up under the iTunes File Sharing section. Stanza being my preferred eBook reader.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2011 7:02 PM in response to limacharlie

Maybe. Depends on the eBook reader.

If you are using iBook eBook reader, then iTunes -> Books, then you should be able to drag and drop the book onto your iTunes icon, or you can use iTunes -> File -> Add to Library...

If you are using a different eBook reader, then it may have registered with iOS that iTunes may sync documents for the app.

iTunes -> iPod Touch -> Apps -> File Sharing. Select your App from the File Sharing list, and drag your ebook to the Documents window.

eBook readers I know that support iTunes sync'ing are

BookShelfLT

GoodReader

Kindle

Stanza

This is NOT a complete list, just the eBook readers I have installed that show up under the iTunes File Sharing section. Stanza being my preferred eBook reader.

download ebook to ipod touch without wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.