Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does iTunes save my camera roll on my PC?

So I got a new iPhone. Since I had backed-up my previous iPhone, when I came to sync the new one, all of my old photos magically popped back up.

This would mean my photos are stored somewhere on my PC, right?

My question: Where is the folder where my camera roll is saved on my PC? My computer has a virus in it, and I need to back up everything before it completely dies on me. I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

Custom, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 5:12 PM

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

This article tell you:

"

Where backups are stored

The folder where your backup data is stored changes depending on the computer's operating system. Since iTunes only keeps one backup per device, you should ensure the backup folder is included in your periodic data backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Note: If you do not see the AppData or Application Data folders, you may need to show hidden files (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7)."

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2011 5:12 PM in response to mehrads

This article tell you:

"

Where backups are stored

The folder where your backup data is stored changes depending on the computer's operating system. Since iTunes only keeps one backup per device, you should ensure the backup folder is included in your periodic data backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Note: If you do not see the AppData or Application Data folders, you may need to show hidden files (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7)."

Apr 30, 2011 4:56 PM in response to mehrads

Camera roll pics are backed up with the normal backup that itunes makes when syncing. These pics are not viewable and are not meant to be. They are a data backup for iphone.

The pics are not saved/synced to your computer. You should be importing them regularly as you would from any digital camera:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

You should always have a backup of your computer. Import your pics to your computer then include them in your backup of your computer.

Apr 30, 2011 4:57 PM in response to mehrads

The good old regular Microsoft tax even after paying for antivirus "protection" every year.

This link provides the data included with your iPhone's backup along with the location of the backup. Photos/videos in the Camera Roll are included with the backup.

Although included with the backup, photos/videos in the Camera Roll can and should be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera.

I would import these photos with your computer and include the imported photos with your computer's backup along with all other important data.

Jul 7, 2013 6:08 PM in response to mehrads

Just out of curiosity, did you check the photos tab in iTunes for your device. You may have auto Syncing turned on with your "my pictures" photo library of your computer. If so, you need to turn this off so that it doesn't automatically sync and download all of your pictures on your computer's hard drive to your new iphone.

Under normal Syncing conditions, a new device should be recognized as needing a new Sync backup file. The auto Sync setting simply Sync's up pictures with whatever is in your computer library.

Where does iTunes save my camera roll on my PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.