Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad2 sold in uae no facetime

The official IPad2 sold in Dubai does not have facetime installed. Is it possible to install facetime once you get the IPad2 home and sync with ITunes ? Will it install if you go to another country (where FaceTime is allowed) ?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 1, 2011 1:51 AM

20 replies

May 2, 2011 3:57 AM in response to Blewyn

iPad 2 from official distributor in the UAE does not have the facetime app, you can not do anything about it...it is blocked by the Model number...the model # of those offically from the UAE have AE on the last two letter of their model #... those from the US have LL on the last two letters...so the firmware will detect this model # and will not install the facetime app. My ipad2 I bought from souq.com (Grey market) and I have the facetime app, I have updated my firmware to 4.3.2 and still I have the facetime app. So even if you go to other country or create an account with other country facetime will not be installed in your iPad2. The only solution is to buy from a country with facetime or buy the grey market ipad2.

This is the same thing with the iPhone 4's that were officially sold here in the UAE, no facetime unless you jailbreak the iPhone4, and there still no jailbreak for ipad2 right now.

May 2, 2011 9:49 PM in response to Blewyn

You can try these: If you can borrow an iPad 2 with facetime app (grey market one) make a BACKUP from your pc of this ipad, then UPGRADE/RESTORE with 4.3.2 firmware your ipad 2. Once done restore the BACKUP of the ipad that has the facetime app. This way all the software and .plist settings will be restored to your iPad. Goodluck and hope this works.

IPad2 sold in uae no facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.