Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Keeps rebooting/losing audio stream

Hi,

I know others have had similar problems in the past but thought I'd ask anyway...

Sometimes my Apple TV will just reboot itself when you try playing music. When it comes back to life iTunes has stopped playing the music. Then if you continue to play it'll work for a short period longer and then stop playing audio.

If you open the 'Multiple speakers' panel and un-check then re-check the 'Apple TV' option then it will start playing again....until ATV decides to reboot.

What could be causing these sporadic reboots?

What could cause an audio stream to drop for no reason?

I'm suspecting it's ATV/iTunes rather than a network problem as re-selecting the ATV as the audio output kicks it back into gear (for a while).

After battling through the colour inversion problem I'm starting to wonder just WHY I bothered buying ATV at all!

Macbook, 2.2Ghz, 2.5Gb RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 4, AppleTV(2)

Posted on May 1, 2011 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2011 3:07 AM

I've found part of the key to the pattern.

Today it seems to be rebooting or dropping the audio stream whenever it goes into screen saver. I can only hazard a guess that there's a flaw in the latest ATV software that can be causing that!

2 replies

Apple TV Keeps rebooting/losing audio stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.