Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Calendar start to Monday?

I've changed iCal on my Mac AND MobileMe to start the week on Monday but the only way I can find to change it on the iPhone is to change my settings to UK, which screws up everything else on the iPhone from the display of phone numbers to the time (which defaults to 24hr time and if you change it to 12hr instead it shows the time as 04:20PM or similar).

Is there ANY other way to change this? Please Apple, why can't I do this simple little thing. Sunday is the last day of the week (hence "weekEND") why do Americans insist on putting it at the beginning on their calendar?

Dual 1.8G4, MacBook Pro, iPhone 3Gs, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 13" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB

Posted on May 1, 2011 9:32 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2011 9:54 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Yeah, I already submitted a feedback to Apple, but unoffically they do read these things, it was more a public cry anyway.

So why do Christians make Sunday the beginning of the week? If God created the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th, and that is the Sabbath, and the Sabbath is supposed to be kept holy, why would they end the week on Saturday, which in fact is the Jewish Sabbath. It never made any sense to me.

But I digress. I just want to begin my week on the calendar the same way I begin my week at work, ON MONDAY! The same way I begin it on iCal AND MobileMe. I've entered tasks on the wrong day a couple of times because I was looking at the position on the Calendar instead of the DAY, just got used to it being a certain way I guess. It just seems like a simple option that could be implemented but I can't seem to find any other way other than changing the whole phones display settings.

Change Calendar start to Monday?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.