Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband using M-Audio Fast Track

I just bought a Macbook Pro and M-Audio Fast Track today!! I am super excited about it. However, after installing the M-Audio interface, I can not figure out how to get my guitar to play through M-Audio to Garage Band. I am able to get the M-Audio software to play the music, However, unable to get the Garageband Software to recognize the MIDI imput to recognize the M-Audio in garageband. I am at a loss and getting frustrated and was hoping someone might have some information on something that I was missing. If you have any suggestions, please help!!!! Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), M-Audio Fast Track

Posted on May 1, 2011 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2011 3:51 PM

geever wrote:

unable to get the Garageband Software to recognize the MIDI imput

just to keep things clear you're trying to record audio, not MIDI

geever wrote:

to recognize the M-Audio in garageband.

have you selected the FastTrack:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#selectinterface

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2011 3:51 PM in response to geever

geever wrote:

unable to get the Garageband Software to recognize the MIDI imput

just to keep things clear you're trying to record audio, not MIDI

geever wrote:

to recognize the M-Audio in garageband.

have you selected the FastTrack:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#selectinterface

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

May 1, 2011 3:56 PM in response to geever

M-Audio has not worked out the new drivers for any of their products yet....It will work if you have the older update but not with the new 10.6.7 update. Check and see which version yours has.

I was very disappointed last week when I bought a brand new Macbook Pro 13" for recording with Garageband, only to find out that my brand new M-Audio Firewire solo would not work either.

I called M-Audio and they do not have a date yet for the driver to be releases.

May 1, 2011 4:36 PM in response to HangTime

I have finally figured it out! Thank you all for your help. I just did not have the Mono 2 selected. Duh ... I appreciate all of your help. Being a first time poster to the community, I am impressed with how many people are out there to help! Really has increased my excitement for buying my Mac today 😀

Garageband using M-Audio Fast Track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.