Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macdefender virus

I want to provide some information to the MacDefender programme. I got it on the screen when i opened the Google picture "Dans Philippenes_6" or may be a picture very close to it when you google "Tambourine dance". I handeled as recommended earlier i the discussion.

Posted on May 1, 2011 5:36 PM

6 replies

May 1, 2011 5:49 PM in response to LarsNorge

Hi

This MacDefender has been floating around lately, it is malware, its not the official Mac Defender. Don't pay for it, don't download it.

If you have already downloaded/installed it, then:

1. Move /Applications/Mac Defender.app to the Trash
  2. Go to the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items, and remove Mac Defender from there.

😀

May 5, 2011 7:17 AM in response to LarsNorge

The same thing happened to my wife last night when she was searching in google pictures. The same thing happened that everyone is talking about but it says"mac security" no mac defender. It also asks for us to clean up and then register. Macs do not come with mac security, correct? I am ok to delete the mac security from the computer?

Macdefender virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.