Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofill feature be disabled?

When adding or editing song info into itunes, the system will invariably autofill my text which causes me to backspace or delete and re-enter. How can this autofill feature be disabled?

Posted on May 1, 2011 8:34 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2015 9:04 PM in response to JAWONE48

Same problem here. Just spent hours throwing away Script folders, preferences folders, everything you can imagine thinking it was a problem I just created. But it looks like just a bug that apple over looked (or the more I look into it - they did it on purpose). When editing a Artist, Album, Genre, Grouping, Composer this will happen. If the cursor is at the end of the last font, the delete button just highlights the last letter (font). Pressing delete again dose nothing. Space bar will delete the last letter after its highlighted (like it should), but this is pointless. Erasing one Artist would take double the key strokes. The Song title section dose not have this issue, it works correctly (how it used to be).

Any one know how to turn this off?

Apple---Problem why it is a bad update. One artist is named "DeVotchKa" the other artist is named "Dev". when I type in "D-e-v" at that point iTunes thinks I'm going to type in "DeVotchKa". So it auto fills it in, but I don't want that, so I try to delete it but can't. Not only can you not delete it, if you find a way to space bar enough letters out and finale get to the "v" to spell "Dev" The "v" gets capitalized from the "DeVotchKa".

Autofill feature be disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.