4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 12:59 PM by -Brains
vanfromgreensboro Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Has anyone have experience with an imac randomly shutting down???  This just started a few weeks ago. 

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • t Of SaNiTy !!! Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

any luck?  I am having the same problem

• Lady-M Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

HELP!

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes 2-4 times in a sitting!  It freezes on me or the color wheel keeps turning but nothing happens. Sometimes it just goes to a funny blueish screen. I have to shut it down via the on/off button . Are there any answers out there?

Thanks.

• Jamyjam Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Mine restarts alone... they are fixing it at the moment they told me it's the power suply, but I don't know it's weird since my power supply was replaced 2 months ago... My iMac worked fine for 1 month, and now he's doing it again...

> To Lady-M : - your problem looks totally difrent. One of my friends had the same endless turning wheel with her eMac when asking some tasks. The screen used to turn pink randomly too... They told her it was the analogical board.

• -Brains Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Mine recently started doing this as well.  I'm closing in on a year, I should probably take it in and purchase AppleCare. 

My issues started with a bad stick of RAM (G.Skill) causing kernel panics, so I then replaced the whole lot with 16GB of matched 4GB Mushkin sticks.  Now it randomly powers off - no warnings, just powers off in the blink of an eye.