Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Displayport MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Does the Mini displayport on a Mid 2009 13-inch MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.7) support HDMI audio out? I am using a Dynex Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter with the Apple HDMI cable. No issues with the video, but the TV's external speakers are not being displaying in my sound preference. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook, iPhone

Posted on May 2, 2011 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2011 7:04 PM

Hi ecksray,

Unfortunately only the mid-2010 MacBook Pros (released on or after April '10) support audio over MiniDisplay Port. Apple has not released any firmware/software updates to enable this feature in your machine and I suspect given how old the machine is will most likely not revisit them to do so.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2011 7:04 PM in response to ecksray

Hi ecksray,

Unfortunately only the mid-2010 MacBook Pros (released on or after April '10) support audio over MiniDisplay Port. Apple has not released any firmware/software updates to enable this feature in your machine and I suspect given how old the machine is will most likely not revisit them to do so.

Mini Displayport MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.