Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attempting to reinstall Mac OS X 10.2.1 results in error.

Could someone please help Mike in this thread?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3031060

I'm out of ideas, folks.

As far as I can tell, Mike has the correct set of CDs, so that isn't the problem.

Posted on May 2, 2011 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2011 2:56 AM

Hi

Given that the ? mark at the start often suggests it can't find the startup drive, and the start up volume is one of the settings stored in the PRAM, I'd suggest reset the PRAM.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

6 replies

May 3, 2011 9:07 AM in response to MikesFirstMac

I did do this

resetting the PRAM

the disks I'm using are original disks 10.2.1 version going threw the whole process again right now with see what happens. And I don't have anything else hooked up to the laptop not even a mouse 🙂 Just the Power supply cord

Then I

If that doesn't help, the next step would be to reset the PMU.

ok I did that also, what is expose to happen after I do this? I still have the extra ram out of the laptop that you noted I should remove.

iBook (800 MHz 32 VRAM)<<<<That's what I have

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
  2. Reset the power manager by simultaneously pressing and then releasing Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard. Do not press the fn (Function) key while using this combination of keystrokes.
  3. Wait 5 seconds.
  4. Press the Power button to restart the iBook computer.

I really don't know what to do anymore I really appreciate all the help that I'm getting here 🙂

Feb 12, 2014 3:36 PM in response to Barro22

Your problem is completely different to that of the original poster of this thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread.

In order for us to give your problem our undivided attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac or iDevice you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question. Please remember to post in the forum relevant to your hardware or version of OS X.

Attempting to reinstall Mac OS X 10.2.1 results in error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.