Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SanDisk Extreme 16GB SD card won't work in my MB Pro

I just recently bought a MB Pro (March 2011). Today i bought a replacement SD card for my camera D300s and shot a couple of pics with it and put it into the SD slot on my MB Pro and nothing happened. I removed and replaced multiple times. Nothing happened. My camera sees the card and my friends PC can see and read the card but my MB Pro can't what is going on? Any help is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 17" 750GB HD, 8GB mem,

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:08 PM

17 replies

Jun 15, 2011 4:37 PM in response to Cw_Double

Hi, did anyone having this issue get it fixed, or find other cards that work?

I have the same issue... brand new MBP won't mount a 16GB SanDisk Extreme. My brother's MBP that is about a year old can mount it. My computer can mount other cards (8GB SD). I took the card to the Apple store and the Genius tried it on all the new MBP's in the store, and it wouldn't mount either, so he just shrugged his shoulders and said 'oh well'.

Jun 20, 2011 7:41 AM in response to Cw_Double

It seems this is a problem with the Early 2011 Unibody's. The best, fastest and most reliable SanDisk-cards can't be read from those new machines. That is so frustrating.

My iMac from January and an 13" Unibody from last year have no issues with those cards whatsoever.

I have a 15" i7 MBP and am facing the same issue with two cards - the SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB and the Extreme HD Video 16GB.

This is nothing short of a huge FAIL on Apple's part. I am really disappointed.

I just upgraded my camera gear to have SD-cards with me, but now I can still continue carrying the external card-reader. This is painful.

However, my hope is, that this can be amended by a driver update.

But only if the problem is recognized within the big corperation in Cupertino.

So, please! Call the support hotline and have them FILE A RADAR, so a ticket can be opened. Eventually, someone will have to look at this and fix it!

Same issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3066609

Jul 4, 2011 8:27 PM in response to Cw_Double

I was having the same issue, my card is a 4gb. The first time I used it on my macbook pro it worked fine. Then I used it on a PC and had problems on the mac ever since. But I think I have solved the issue. At least this works for me every time I use it.

Make sure the card is put in the slot evenly. Instead of shoving it in with 1 finger, I use 2 fingers on both ends and slide it in slowly so it makes contact at the back on all points at the same time.

Hope it helps!

May 20, 2012 9:02 AM in response to kellyn819

I figured it out....I read a post where they said if you move the lock slider on the side of your camera card in the middle position, or in btwn the middle and unlocked, the card will work like normal. It really does, and now I can delete my photos after I upload or from the card itself. Sometimes though when I put the card in the macbook slot it wants to move the switch to locked, so just be aware of that!!

good luck!

SanDisk Extreme 16GB SD card won't work in my MB Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.