Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my iPhone's backup and create a new one?

I tried to update my iPhone4's OS to 4.3.2, but get the following error message:

iTunes could not back up the iphone "iPhoneName" because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iphone. Delete the backup for this iphone, then try again.

The problem is I don't know how to delet my backup...

Can you please advise?

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1, iTunes version is 10.2.2.12

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2011 11:59 PM

You have a few options, you can delete the backup from within iTunes itself. This can be done by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Devices tab -> Backups. Highlighting the backup you wish to delete and hitting the Remove/Delete button.

Alternatively you can hard delete the files from their storage location. Depending on your OS is where they will be, namely here:

On a Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

On Windows Vista or 7:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2011 11:59 PM in response to Orit

You have a few options, you can delete the backup from within iTunes itself. This can be done by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Devices tab -> Backups. Highlighting the backup you wish to delete and hitting the Remove/Delete button.

Alternatively you can hard delete the files from their storage location. Depending on your OS is where they will be, namely here:

On a Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

On Windows Vista or 7:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Hope that helps!

How do I delete my iPhone's backup and create a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.