Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture doesn't show standard print do i have to customise them all also why when i have a borderless printer will it not print borderless does aperture not support this?

Using aperture but find that print sizes come and go depending on the settings i am working with the epson stylus 1400 which is a borderless printer but for some reason all my prints are coming through with some kind of border either to the left or the bottom, i have manually changed size but find it is still happening, also happens when i print directly through epson creativity suite so i am not sure if the problem is with the printer or with aperture any help with this would be great

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.4), epson stylus photo 1400

Posted on May 3, 2011 12:59 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2011 5:31 AM in response to JSRRmac

First off: yes, Aperture supports borderless printing. I use an Epson R2880 but also have a 1400 on which I've printed without a problem.

Sizes in the print dialog are initially controlled by the printer's driver, so If I select Epson 1400 and click on Paper Size I can see all standard photo sizes (8x10, 5x7, 4x6 etc). If you aren't getting them I'd suggest re-installing the drivers.

Here are the usual steps to take if you want to print borderless:

1. In the print dialog choose the 1400.

2. Select a paper size that end with (sheet feeder borderless) — this is how Epson distinguishes borderless from standard.

3. Under Layout>Image Size make sure you select Maximum to Fit.

This should work. It works for every printer I use with Aperture (including a Canon). For best results I'd suggest cropping to the correct aspect ratio before hitting print, but you can also use the preview image in the print window to tweak the placement. It'll never be pixel perfect bu that;s the nature of the beast...

Let us know if this works for you.

Best

aperture doesn't show standard print do i have to customise them all also why when i have a borderless printer will it not print borderless does aperture not support this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.