Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still got the demo version with which i can view files but ....

Hi all, i am severely tempted to purchase the Numbers App, i already have the Pages App.

But i am curious to know why, in Finder i can open a numbers file and view it perfectly ok, of course i do know i cant do much else with it LOL.

BUT if i open Numbers from the Applications folder in Finder, all i get is the screen that tells me my free trial has ended, and it wont open at all.

i thought that strange, but anyway, i will probably buy it from the same place i got Pages from the App Store for £11.99, good value i do believe.

tim

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 3, 2011 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2011 6:17 AM

Tim,

Numbers is a good app, especially if you've used Excel before this. When you open the numbers file in finder, it probably opens it in Preview. Preview will be used to open many file formats in it's viewer if you don't have the native app installed.

When you install the Numbers app, it should change the "open with" attribute to Numbers.

Regards,

Captfred

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2011 6:17 AM in response to timmy toad

Tim,

Numbers is a good app, especially if you've used Excel before this. When you open the numbers file in finder, it probably opens it in Preview. Preview will be used to open many file formats in it's viewer if you don't have the native app installed.

When you install the Numbers app, it should change the "open with" attribute to Numbers.

Regards,

Captfred

May 3, 2011 7:36 AM in response to timmy toad

The described message is odd.

The license of the trial version clearly state that when it is expired we may use it as a reader of existing documents.

What may be required, is to apply the late updates but it's an other problem.

If the apps are in their required location which is in the folder

Application:iWork '(09,

Run Software Update to apply the recent updaters which may be what the syste; is in fact urging you to do.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 3 mai 2011 16:36:22

Please :

Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

May 3, 2011 10:46 AM in response to KOENIG Yvan

Hi all, thanks for your suggestions chaps, of course iWorks came with the computer and my Trial period has now obviously run out (expired) and i have now done the right thing and purchased a proper copy of it from the App Store, yippee, so i will now have best organised bank account and budget in the land NOT !.

Thanks again for all your suggestions etc. sorry i can only award one "correct answer"

tim

still got the demo version with which i can view files but ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.