Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LSI 7204 EP problem

Hi,

I have an LSI 7204 EP and I flashed it to latest firmware from LSI website. It does not work on Mac anymore (works on Windows where I flashed it)

Is there any location I can dowload lates Apple approved firmware, FCode and EFI that will work on Mac.

Thanks,

B.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 3, 2011 8:15 AM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2012 10:33 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I know this is an old thread, but i was researching this same topic, and found this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1769

that lists the LSI 7204EP-LC as supported, just not on POWERPCs.

THere's also this from LSI:

http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/Fibre%20Channel%20HBAs/Fibre%20Channel%20HBA s%20Common%20Files/SCG_FC_BIOS_SellSht_012108.pdf

That seems to talk about the compatability with EFI BIOS. Perhaps the BIOS flashed was for non-EFI BIOS, and Mac uses EFI? (i'm speculating here)

Aug 29, 2013 3:20 AM in response to borquee

Hi

Had this problem too. Flashed the card to 1.03.27 and it disaperad in Mac OS after this. Asked LSI and Apple for a firmware. One of the LSI Technicians found it on the net. Cool guy. Flashed this ROM and voila, back in business. The card will be recognized by MacOS again. Did not tested in production yet, but everything looks ok.

The Firmware version is 1.03.24 which does not match the versions on Apple HT1769 KB article, but it works. What I further have to say, that I didn't flashed the Bios. My card has an EFI 1.05.06 Bios.

I put the .zip on this link hoping some other people can restore their wrongly flashed cards. If one day the file isn't there anymore, just leave a reply. I will keep the file in save place (probably not on a raid attached by this card 😁).

Regards

xif54

Nov 20, 2015 3:54 PM in response to xif54

Hello there,

I am having an issue with my fiber channel card on my Xserver. The Firmware version matches what was posted above, but the FCode/BIOS does not match (1.00.41). I have searched the 'net for a copy of EFI 1.05.06 Bios, but could not find one. Would anyone who has access to a good card and BIOS version be willing to take a copy of this and post it here? Or they can send me a message at ******@gmail.com.

Thank you,

<Email Edited by Host>

LSI 7204 EP problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.