Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rec'd a CD with audio files. The suffix is .v09, and they won't play on iTunes. Any idea what I should do?

I rec'd a CD with audio files. The suffix is .v09, and they won't play on iTunes. Any idea what I should do?

I have a MacBook, OS X.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 3, 2011 8:29 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2011 8:43 AM in response to michael a.frombrooklyn

No helpful information seems to be available about this, except that on Windows .v09 indicates an unknown extension - in other words they could be anything. What do you get if you highlight the file and hit command-i - does the info pane give you any file type?

The best thing would be to ask the person who sent you the CD what they are; if you can't do this you can only try opening it in various programs. Audacity is a free audio editor which can open a number of formats. You could try dragging it to a browser icon in case it's Flash, or try the Windows Media Player. However there's a good chance that it's one of the obscure audio formats, in which case you very likely won't be able to play it.

May 29, 2015 9:59 AM in response to mr19th

I seem to remember a conversation along these lines years ago. Courts seemed to use some very specific software that produced files only that player could handle.

There's various utilities and methods for capturing audio directly from the computer. I think I have seen Applescripts which do this, then there's Soundflower, and Audio Hijack. I won't go into details because I run a 12 year old computer and have utilities that no longer run on newer computers. I am sure a web search will uncover more current options for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.