Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove duplicates in iCal

After seveal attempts to sync my iPhone with Office:mac 2011 I now have multiple instances of almost each appointment in Outlook calender as well as iCal.

How can I remove those duplicates ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on May 3, 2011 8:53 AM

7 replies

Jun 12, 2018 5:34 PM in response to John Maisey

Thanks Jon for your software.

It solved my problem (3500 duplicate found).

I was afraid because the first import seemed to fail.

But I guess that iCal just needed more time to manage all my records.

At the end everything works.

Thanks.

May 3, 2011 9:07 AM in response to Segel-Pingi

Hi Segel,

Try my application iCal Dupe Deleter. It is free to use, but if it works for you I'd appreciate a donation.

Let me know how it goes.

Best wishes

John M

As I sell software on my site and ask for donations, the Apple Support Communities Use Agreement requires that I state that I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

Nov 13, 2011 10:32 AM in response to Segel-Pingi

I've had this Problem for years.. .and have never solved it through all the updates and revision changes in the various upgrade releases in ical. None of the deduping software worked for me, and i couldn't understand why, when for a lot of other people, it did. for me, however, the problem that i discovered is that I had so many different "calendars" that themselves were duplicated, that i had to click on the "calendars" button on the top left of the calendar, and deselect all of the various dupes that had been made after changing from mobile me to the icloud and from my mac to online, etc. etc. so i've chosen to view only the calendars that i wish, and have thus eliminated the duplicates that i was getting. NOW, i can right click on those calendars that i no longer wish to have, and delete them from my computer. Hope this helps anyone who had the same problem as me!

How can I remove duplicates in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.