Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 Cases - Which is better?

Hello,

When I bought my iPad 2 I got the Smart Cover, but now am not sure I like it all that much and am thinking about getting more of a folio to cover it.

I was looking at the FitFolio from Speck and the SwitchEasy Canvas for iPad 2.

The Canvas gets an A- rating from iLounge, but the FitFolio looks like it has cleaner lines on it - but it's not reviewed. However on Amazon it has one glowing and one negative rating - where the negative one accuses it of breaking the glass...

I am not sure I believe that - but I thought I'd check to see what the community here thought - and if anyone has any experience with either folio.

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 3, 2011 11:37 AM

12 replies

May 3, 2011 11:49 AM in response to darkfire.shadows

It's hard for anyone to tell you what will work best for you. It really depends on how you use your iPad, how rough you are etc. For me, the Smart Cover was a good beginning. In addition, I found a Targa padded mini case with a zipper and storage pocket that protects the unit when not in use and let's me keep cables, etc in a nice zippered compartment. The little case cost less than $20 (at Best Buy). At least for me, it's providing the protection I need.

May 3, 2011 12:31 PM in response to darkfire.shadows

I was also in the same shoes as you were when I got my iPad.

But there is this great company from u.k. who make their cases by hand and very cheap. They have eBay account and their website is called proporta.com

I looked at walmart and their folio cases like Tragus, and comparing it to proporta folio case, they have the same design but you can tell the difference even the smell. With Tragus, they have a plasticky smell that seems like it was burnt plastic. But proporta uses an authentic leather that is made from polyurethane, that looks/feels like leather but has the strength of polyurethane.

Check their sit out, they offer a variety of designs and low prices.

I bought mine for the price of the $49 smart cover, plus it's all protected not just the screen.

Hope this helps

May 3, 2011 1:53 PM in response to darkfire.shadows

Check out the Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case. I bought one and love it! It has a rigid, hard shell surrounded by a faux carbon fiber exterior and a what I think is a type of microfiber interior lining. The edge clips that hold the iPad in place are sturdy and strong, so it isn't going to fall out. It would probably require a massive jolt to shake the iPad loose of those grips. There are two notches inside the case for two landscape viewing angles; plus unclipping the bottom corner grips lets you fold the case down for a typing angle. There is also a wide elastic strap that you can slip your hand behind when viewing in portrait mode. The best features of this case are it's good looks, thin design, (this case will add relatively little bulk to the overall form factor), and the same feature as Apple's "Smart Cover" Yes, it will put to sleep and wake your iPad too. At $49.95 In my opinion it's one of the best cases out there.

Ipad 2 Cases - Which is better?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.