Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning iPad screen/ body

Self admitted germaphobe here that can't stand the thought of not being able to wipe the screen with some sort of anti bacterial or a damp wipe. Thoughts?

iPad

Posted on May 3, 2011 1:49 PM

5 replies

May 3, 2011 2:29 PM in response to flag8r77

Don't use any cleaner that has ammonia. (FYI - don't use ammonia cleaner on your car windshield either - it causes pitting!).

You can use iKlear, a product I've been using for over 10 years for my lcd monitors. Works great. However, for my iPad, I just rub the screen across my t-shirt. All the fingerprints are gone. The glass on the iPad and iPhone is truly remarkable to clean. Highly resistant to scratching, it doesn't take much to clean.

As for germs, you need an education. Germs don't like open air, open light environments. UV kills germs within minutes unless it is protected by a UV safe shield like clothing (slight) to amber glass (high). Any germs that land on your iPad will die within a couple minutes. Besides, if they land there it's too late for you, they are already on your skin. Sorry to say that to you. There is absolutely no way to escape them. Constantly washing, wiping, slathering anti-bacterial only protects little parts of you. Little parts of you. May as well give up and grow some white blood cells like the rest of us. I mean this in the kindest and gentlest way. In no way is my intention to imply how you feel is not real or unimportant. Okay?

Dec 1, 2011 9:55 AM in response to flag8r77

The best product I have used is an Antibacterial Smart Cloth from Cleer gear called a "Schatzii". Cleans germs and makes your screens super clean without having to use any sprays or liquids. They have really cool designs and patterns also. When I tried one, it only took a couple of quick wipes and my screen was sparkling clean.

I use this:

http://www.schatzii.com

Cleaning iPad screen/ body

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.