Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an 1phone 4 and i fergot the passcode is there a diffrent way of unlocking it other than restoring it, i have an 1phone 4 and i fergot the passcode is there a diffrent way of unlocking it other than restoring it

hello

iPhone 4, i need help badly

Posted on May 3, 2011 6:30 PM

2 replies

May 31, 2011 11:39 PM in response to anthonyy99

hi there,

unfortunately if your don't remember it there is nothing much that can be done.

you hav to commence a hardware reset and restore the phone to its factory settings. That will wipe all data and setting. and unlock the phone.

if you sync(backup) you iphone regularly then it should'nt be a big issue.

hope it helps

jagsd

Jun 1, 2011 6:45 AM in response to anthonyy99

You won't be able to wipe it either, i think you'll need to put it into recovery mode, as itunes makes you unlock it before synchronising it.

google DFU mode/recovery mode, then connect to a PC/laptop/mac with usb cable, and you should follow the prompts to update. Bottom line is , if you have forgotten your code, you're royally fubarred.

good luck

i have an 1phone 4 and i fergot the passcode is there a diffrent way of unlocking it other than restoring it, i have an 1phone 4 and i fergot the passcode is there a diffrent way of unlocking it other than restoring it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.