Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cascading SUS problems

We have a 10.6.7 Server running SUS. When we point our other Software Update Servers (also 10.6.7) at it in a cascading setup we continually get the following errors:

swupd_syncd[3169] <Error>: *** Error downloading file

This occurs with every update. What could be wrong?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 3, 2011 10:21 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2011 5:10 AM in response to Aaron Scott

Same problem here. This started a while back. I can't quite figure out what's wrong. I can manually access each URL in Safari from the server... so it's not like a network or web proxy issue. It's as though they broke the cascade functionality and we'll need to wait for them to fix it. Hoping someone finds a fix though. I could report this via our AppleCare contract to see if I can get some info as to what's wrong.

Cascading SUS problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.