Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which cases should I use for white iphone 4

I like Otterbox but they have a disclaimer that states their cases are not white iPhone 4 compatible.

Posted on May 4, 2011 7:24 AM

8 replies

May 13, 2011 10:10 PM in response to Little "q"

The Defender case is great but I found out after purchasing that it doesn't work with my white iphone 4 (My screen doesn't blank out when on a phone call, causing random dialing, enabling speakerphone, etc).

Here's what otterbox.com says, "Not compatible with WHITE iPhone 4. Due to a slight change of the proximity sensor for the white Apple iPhone 4, the OtterBox Defender Series, Commuter Series, Reflex Series and Impact Series cases will not work with this new device."

Strange that they say the Commuter and Reflex Series will not work since they do not appear to cover the sensor like the Defender... but not sure it is worth trying.

May 26, 2011 5:51 PM in response to Little "q"

I didnt want to wait for otterbox to come out with a new case for the White iphone 4 so i still bought the Defender Series case. I also had the problem that the screen will not go blank when you make a phone call so if you where wondering if the phone will fit and what not... The white iphone 4 does fit the case, it is a really snug fit if you have screen protectors on both sides, and yes the proximity sensor doesnt work when you make calls. But what i did is cut the protector off the top of the sensor and it works perfectly fine (other than the large hole you just cut... if your not to anal about your stuff then do it cuz it works)

Oct 9, 2011 2:33 PM in response to Little "q"

found screen protectors with pre-cut proximity sensor hole, not anti-glare but ok quality on Amazon UK site but I don't think they ship to the US??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042QX3FM/

It only fix the white iphones with the screen protector issue. If your iphone has the proximity sensor issue without any screen protectors then better check with Apple. I do have a bumper so not sure if that also helps.

Which cases should I use for white iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.