Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dark prints Epson 3800

When using Adobe Photoshop CS3 and OS 10.5, I never had trouble producing prints from my Epson 3800 that were a good match to my screen colors. However, since switching to OS 10.6 (I'm now on 10.6.7), I have been having endless problems getting accurate prints. I am using the "Photoshop Manages Colors" option. I have tried loading the latest available Epson drivers, following their specific instructions for Snow Leopard users, and tried suggestions from numerous online forums, but to no avail. All my prints come out with extremely dark darks - it's as though an extra contrast curve has been added before printing.

The only partial fix I've found has been to alter the output transfer function from Photoshop - but this is a very iterative and subjective process, and frankly, it makes me dread having to make a print, instead of enjoying the process.

From all I've read, it seems that between Adobe, Epson, and Apple, someone has dropped the ball on color management under OS 10.6. Can anyone refer me to a fix I may not have tried?

Ray

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 4, 2011 8:08 AM

3 replies

Dark prints Epson 3800

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.