Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Rental movie from another computer?

Having Bootcamp downloaded an HD rental movie, can I copy it to a PC in my house which has iTunes (not my account) which has HDMI capability so that everyone can watch it on TV?

MacPro 2.8 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 4, 2011 10:44 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2011 11:35 AM in response to roaminggnome

You can watch your movie rental on your computer, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano (3rd, 4th, or 5th generation), or on your TV using your Apple TV (1st or 2nd generation). You can watch HD movie rentals on your computer, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), or with Apple TV (1st or 2nd generation).

If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

Does this mean that I can not do what I am asking ?

Watch Rental movie from another computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.