9 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2011 2:54 PM by varjak paw
Floris Flam Level 1 (5 points)

There is a scrubber bar in iTunes on my Touch.  I thought there used to be one in iTunes on my Mac, but I can't find a setting that gives me one now.  I'm using the latest versions of both iTunes and Snow Leopard.  I want to be able to see how much time is left in a podcast I'm playing on my desktop and can't figure out a way to do that.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)
  • Allan Eckert Level 9 (50,709 points)

What pray tell is a scrubber bar?

Allan

• Floris Flam Level 1 (5 points)

It's the bar that's near the top of your iPod screen when you're listening to a podcast, audiobook, etc. that tells you how many minutes you've play, how many are left, and has a colored bar that you can drag to the left to replay some of what you've already heard.  As far as I can tell, iTunes on the Mac will only let you go back to the very beginning of what you're playing and doesn't tell you whether you are 10 minutes into a podcast or 45 minutes.  That's important to me.

Floris

• varjak paw Level 10 (169,827 points)

There's such a bar on my iTunes:

Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 3.18.jpg

That's not present on your copy of iTunes when you're playing a track? If not, what do you see in that space?

• Allan Eckert Level 9 (50,709 points)

Thanks for explaining that. I never heard it called that.

As Dave says he has such a bar at the top of his iTunes as do I.

I had never tried to use it the way you do but after your suggestion I tried moving the slider on that bar and was able to move to other parts of podcasts.

Allan

tiger

It's not there on my Mac, just a bar that has a series of vertical stacks of short horizontal lines.  I assume that tells me something about the sound quality, though I neither understand nor need to know whatever it's trying to communicate.  I thought that perhaps I had inadvertently changed a setting that removed the scrubber bar and replaced it with the bar I now have, but I can't figure out how to change back.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Floris

Look to the left of that space when something is playing. See the little round dark dot with the arrow? Click that dot and I'll wager you'll get your scrub bar back.

Regards.

• Jim VanLeeuwen Level 6 (18,825 points)

Click on the small arrow at the left end of the bar to toggle between the playback bar and the volume meter.

Just like magic!  Thanks.

Floris

Glad you got it sorted. Cheers.