Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Mac lacks a scrubber bar?

There is a scrubber bar in iTunes on my Touch. I thought there used to be one in iTunes on my Mac, but I can't find a setting that gives me one now. I'm using the latest versions of both iTunes and Snow Leopard. I want to be able to see how much time is left in a podcast I'm playing on my desktop and can't figure out a way to do that.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 4, 2011 1:15 PM

9 replies

May 4, 2011 2:08 PM in response to Allan Eckert

It's the bar that's near the top of your iPod screen when you're listening to a podcast, audiobook, etc. that tells you how many minutes you've play, how many are left, and has a colored bar that you can drag to the left to replay some of what you've already heard. As far as I can tell, iTunes on the Mac will only let you go back to the very beginning of what you're playing and doesn't tell you whether you are 10 minutes into a podcast or 45 minutes. That's important to me.

Floris

May 4, 2011 2:35 PM in response to Allan Eckert

It's not there on my Mac, just a bar that has a series of vertical stacks of short horizontal lines. I assume that tells me something about the sound quality, though I neither understand nor need to know whatever it's trying to communicate. I thought that perhaps I had inadvertently changed a setting that removed the scrubber bar and replaced it with the bar I now have, but I can't figure out how to change back.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Floris

iTunes for Mac lacks a scrubber bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.