Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad screen will not rotate to landscape.

And no, it is not locked. I've locked and unlocked it and turned it completely off and it still won't rotate to landscape mode. Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2011 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2011 1:23 PM

be careful - ipad has two settings for rotation lock - one of them can be selected.

1st option - the switch on the right side of your ipad

2nd option - double click home button - swipe right. Check left Icon.

You can choose the setting in the General Options Menue

18 replies

Sep 10, 2011 6:10 AM in response to Vival

Tried all proposed solutions, no luck, then:

If you go to Settings/General/rotating it might be clicked ON. Click it OFF and then ON again. Puf! Rotating started wewll. Probably for some the solution is to do ALL od the proposed sloutions, i.e.

1) double click the home button and then holding your finger on an icon in the multitasking bar, until they all start to wiggle and - signs in red circles appear on all of them. Touch all the minus signs (ie, stop every running application)

2) Restart your system (hold down home+power until apple signal appears...ignore the red slider... (hold for 10 seconds)

3) Select Settings, chose General, then Rotate and turn the position to OFF and then to ON again.

Worked for me

Yve

Dec 9, 2011 2:41 PM in response to amy UCity

I had the same issue, the cause is changing the settings in the settings menu to alter what the side button does. To correct the issue change the setting of the button so that it is to lock rotation then slide button up. You will notice the lock rotation button top right of screen now gone. Now change the setting on the side button to mute in the settings menu and screen should rotate again. Hope it helps :)

My iPad screen will not rotate to landscape.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.