Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drop frames editing HD files

having trouble working with Nikon D7000 1920x1080 high quality video files in FCP...

problem: drop frame viewing clips with any filter effects like fades

I have spent days optimizing my iMac: 2 core, 3.06 GHz, 4GB memory... as well as optimizing FCP per lynda.com... media on separate Firewire 800 hard drive...

any thoughts? regards.

iMac24, Mac OS X (10.5.4), g4, Nikon D200

Posted on May 4, 2011 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2011 4:09 PM

That camera shoots highly compressed files. What did you use to transcode them to an editing friendly codec?

What codec did you choose?

What are your sequence settings?

I bet if you type your camera model into the search in the upper right you will find many detailed workflows for your camera. This is discussed several times a day on this forum.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2011 4:09 PM in response to robwalshphotoshop

That camera shoots highly compressed files. What did you use to transcode them to an editing friendly codec?

What codec did you choose?

What are your sequence settings?

I bet if you type your camera model into the search in the upper right you will find many detailed workflows for your camera. This is discussed several times a day on this forum.

May 5, 2011 6:49 AM in response to SoCal

thx very much SoCal! your response and advice lead me to fcptips.com and the education I needed to resolve my problem: must convert Nikon D7000 video to Apple ProRes 422 LT to be able to edit in FCP... This was easily done using Compressor... your quick response is a blessing! I hope to stay connected to Apple forums in the future for helpful advice and to hopefully provide some...

drop frames editing HD files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.