Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyone with e-sata expresscard 34 problem in new macbook pro 17" ?

i use a e-sata expresscard 34 to conect my e-sata hard drive to my 15" 2008 macbook pro. and it is fine.

now that i bought the new 17" macbook pro, it is not working at all.

does anyone with the same problem?

thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 4, 2011 4:12 PM

6 replies

Aug 31, 2015 4:19 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Yes it is an early 2011 MBP.

Being an express card, must accept being plugged which the laptop already on. Anyway, I tried that also.

It is clear is a power problem, because I got the message "USB ports disabled: disconnect those with too much power consumption to enable them again".

I used for several years an eSATA external HDD for backups, the speed was incredible, so was very useful. I was using CCC.

Aug 31, 2015 1:13 PM in response to jordipalet

jordipalet wrote:

Well, it was working before the logic board change ... and of course, tried in the 17" MBP from a neighbour, same configuration that mine. It works in that one.

That suggests that the internal connection is faulty. An appointment at an Apple store genius bar is your best option. Have them test it. The evaluation will be FREE.

Ciao.

anyone with e-sata expresscard 34 problem in new macbook pro 17" ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.