Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with playing WMA library audiobook on iPod Shuffle 2nd generation

Hi,

I am having problems with playing WMA library downloaded audiobooks on my 2nd gen. Shuffle. I checked the "Enable Disk Use" box and transferred files to iTunes onto my iPod using OverDrive Media Console. I can see the files in the content of the Shuffle. I can play the books on iTune when I double click the filename on iTunes. However, the audiobook just does not play on the Shuffle alone. When I push "play" on the Shuffle, I get the alternating green and yellow flashing light - meaning there is no file found on the Shuffle (I think). Anyway, there is no sound at all. The Shuffle is not broken because I have no problem playing other MP3 files. Does anyone know what I should do to play these library audiobooks on the Shuffle?

Thanks.

eff

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on May 4, 2011 4:15 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2011 12:52 AM in response to effgardener

Open the Overdrive Help tab and search on "transfer" or "iTunes". You'll get selections that explain the WMA files work fine and will walk you through it. Among other things it will tell you:

"If you plan to transfer OverDrive WMA Audiobooks, OverDrive WMA Music, and/or OverDrive WMV Video to a portable device, you may want to verify that the portable device supports content delivered in the DRM-protected Windows Media format... many OverDrive WMA Audiobooks and OverDrive WMA Music titles can be transferred to Apple devices (where permitted by publisher)."

You must do a security update of Windows Media Player (even though you won't be using it) using Internet Explorer at http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/indivsite (the Windows Media Player Security Update is also in the Overdrive Tools menu, but I could not get it update). Once updated, with the iPod or other mobile device connected to your computer and iTunes open, go to the Summary pane for your iPod or other device in iTunes and click the "Manually manage music and videos" box.

Then go to Overdive, select the book, music or video and click the Transfer button. Select some or all the chapters you want to transfer. It will find the mobile device and begin.

Problem with playing WMA library audiobook on iPod Shuffle 2nd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.