Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Telugu font

How do we install Telugu font on ipad2.

Http:/eenadu.net

Safari did not let me download Telugu font. Only the first page of the newspaper (which is Gif) works. If one goes into each article the Telugu font is required on Safari.

Thank you,

Ramu

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 4, 2011 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 12:12 PM

Download the eenadu font, copy and paste it in the fonts folder. Close the browser and open it again. It works for only iMacs and other mac systems where you have access to the fonts directory. Does not work for iPad/Pods. Still figuring out. This works great for android devices. I am very disappointed with the iPad about this and the inability to customize it or get things to work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2011 12:12 PM in response to RVS from Los Altos

Download the eenadu font, copy and paste it in the fonts folder. Close the browser and open it again. It works for only iMacs and other mac systems where you have access to the fonts directory. Does not work for iPad/Pods. Still figuring out. This works great for android devices. I am very disappointed with the iPad about this and the inability to customize it or get things to work.

May 4, 2011 6:26 PM in response to RVS from Los Altos

RVS from Los Altos wrote:

How do we install Telugu font on ipad2.

Http:/eenadu.net

The iPad has fine support for Unicode Telugu, but not for the non-standard stuff used by eenadu.net. For that you need to go to a special site which translates such sites into Unicode:

http://uni.medhas.org/

An Unicode Telugu site example which the iPad should display:

http://te.wikipedia.org/wiki/మొదటి_పేజీ

Aug 4, 2011 1:57 PM in response to AnilNagalla

AnilNagalla wrote:

I am very disappointed with the iPad about this and the inability to customize it or get things to work.

Nobody should need to customize their computer to view a website. The people who run those sites should move to the international unicode standard so everyone can read their stuff on any device without having to find special files and learn to download and install them.

Telugu font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.