Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 automatically fast forwards, pauses, activates voice control, skips songs, etc. when headphones are plugged in. Any solutions?

When I plug my headphones in (ive tried about ten different pairs and they all work on other devices), My iphone will suddenly start performing actions with out me telling it to. Along with the above, and probably the most annoying, is the constant change in volume. I am using headphones without controls so I don't think that it could be a messup in the wiring of all TEN of my headphones. Does anyone else have this problem? And what do you advise that I do? I have tried restoring, updating, re-syncing, etc. but none have worked...perhaps it is a software or hardware problem.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 4, 2011 8:13 PM

There are no replies.

My Iphone 4 automatically fast forwards, pauses, activates voice control, skips songs, etc. when headphones are plugged in. Any solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.