Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 - Apple Application Support was not found. Error Message

Hello Folks,

i keep getting the following message, despite the fact that i have uninstalled Itunes and then installed it again a few times.

"Apple Application Support was not found. Please uninstall, and install again. Error 2 (Windows Error 2).

Can anyone suggest any help?

I have a Windows 7, new Dell Latitude machine.

THank you,

Dell Latitude -OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 4, 2011 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2011 10:19 PM

"Apple Application Support was not found. Please uninstall, and install again. Error 2 (Windows Error 2).

Is Apple Application Support currently showing as installed in your Uninstall a program control panel?

If not, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2011 10:19 PM in response to solarboy7

Is Apple Application Support currently showing as installed in your Uninstall a program control panel?

If not, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, does iTunes launch properly now?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

Jun 19, 2011 9:36 AM in response to b noir

I had the same problem the other user described and I did what you said. I did get an error during separate installation of Apple Application Support.

An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft VC80.CRT version="8.0.50727.4053", type="win32", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9ae1e18e.3b", process or architecture="x86" Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070BC9

Thanks.

Jun 19, 2011 11:17 AM in response to yonder1

HRESULT: 0x80070BC9

These ones are typically caused by underlying problems on the PC that also often cause Windows Updates to fail to install. If we can fix the Windows Update trouble, we can usually get the iTunes trouble cleaned up en passant.

Go into your Windows update and try to check for new updates. If updates install, stock up on the ones you're behind on, restarting the PC if requested to do so. After the restart, try installing iTunes again. Does it go through this time for you?

If windows updates fail to install, go into your Update History and doubleclick the failures. What alphanumeric codes appear for you? Are they also 80070BC9, or a different error code? If they're different, what codes are you getting in Windows Update?

Windows 7 - Apple Application Support was not found. Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.