Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open or print photos because iPhoto says no themes loaded

Anyone have a fix for this?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 5, 2011 1:26 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2011 1:10 PM in response to mystrezmac

I had the same problem - on a brand new iMac that I paid the Apple Store to set up and install software on. They did this twice, but I still got the same error message on iPhoto. Then after spending AN HOUR on the phone with apple support was told to Trash IPhoto from the library (not searhable because it's on the hard drive) and thin using the original Applilcations disc, find and install iPhoto again.

oh joy

what fun

May 10, 2011 1:51 PM in response to Mystrez Mac

One more time:

Restoring iPhoto 9 (11) Themes

First look in your HD/Library/Application Support/iPhoto folder for a Themes folder. If there is one there move it to the Trash. Also look in your Home/Library/Application Support/iPhoto folder for a Themes folder. If there is one move it to the Trash. Reinstall iPhoto as described below:

1 - delete the current application.

2 - delete any files with iPhoto in the file name that reside in your HD/Library/Receipts folder.

3 - mount the disk that iPhoto 11 came on, either an iLife 11 disc or the system disk that came with your computer and do a custom install selecting only iPhoto.

If iPhoto 11 came with the computer then double click on the "Install Bundled Software Only" file and do a custom install.

Apply all of the latest iPhoto 9 (11) updates followed by a repair of disk permissions with Disk Utility. Also make sure you're running the latest Quicktime version.

can't open or print photos because iPhoto says no themes loaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.