Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3G Modem Not Connecting

I just bought a Virgin Mobile 3G broadband modem, the type that connects to computers and phones via WiFi, and while I can connect via WiFi, I cannot connect via the USB connection on my MacBook. I can do this on my Mini flawlessly. Network Preferences doesnt pick it up either, which it oes on my Mini. Any help on this appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 5, 2011 1:02 AM

4 replies

Aug 21, 2011 8:43 PM in response to dave2889

I'm also having issues with Snow Leopard 10.6, and a virgin dongle that workes fine on an older laptop with an earlier vesion of the OS.

Don't know if this will help, since it's for a E169 or E220 but at this URL:

http://virginmobile.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175

I found this information:

Can I use my E169 or E220 modem with the new Snow Leopard operating system (Mac 10.6 OS X)?

This answer is about: Virgin Broadband

In order to resolve some compatibility issues between the Huawei E169 & E220 USB Modems and Apple's Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) operating system; please follow the directions below.

Remove the Existing Virgin Broadband Software

1. Double click your Hard Drive icon on the Desktop.
  2. Navigate to the Applications folder.
  3. Locate the Virgin Broadband software and drag it to the Trash.
  4. Navigate back to your Hard Drive then to the System folder, then Library and Extensions.
  5. Locate the HuaweiDataCardDriver.kext file and drag it to the Trash.
  6. Enter your password when prompted.
  7. Locate any shortcuts to the Virgin Broadband software on your Desktop or Dock and drag them to the Trash also.
  8. Empty the Trash to complete the process.

Download & Install the New Virgin Mobile Software

1. Download the Virgin Mobile connection software HERE
  2. Unzip the Installer by double clicking on the VirginMobile.zip file (depending on your settings, this may have happened automatically).

3G Modem Not Connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.