Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse continually flashing light

We have had our Imac and magic mouse for a fortnight and we are experiencing problems with the Magic mouse!! It dropped on the floor earlier and the batteries fell out...since putting them back the light on the back is continually flashing and it does not appear to be making any connection to the Mac. We have tried changing batteries in case, have gone through system preferences etc on the menu and nothing appears to be working.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

iMac, Magic Mouse

Posted on May 5, 2011 11:19 AM

19 replies

Jun 10, 2011 7:28 AM in response to darrenfrombingham

Your mouse may not be broken; my mouse just ran flat and wouldn't work, though bluetooth showed it as being connected. I replaced the batteries and the light continued to flash under the mouse, but the mouse wouldn't drive the cursor.

My solution was to go to Bluetooth preferences and remove the mouse completely from the list of known devices then re add it. 10 seconds later: back to work!

Jul 18, 2011 3:28 PM in response to memelab

You are my hero!!!!

I have had exactly the same problem with my mouse. green light underneath the magic mouse double flashing. No connection to my iMac.

Took the mouse back to the Apple store and they tested it and swapped for a new one (can't complain about customer service there, very good).

Still didn't work though when I got back home.

Just tried what you said, deleted the mouse from the list and re-added it - it works!!

Thank you.

Magic Mouse continually flashing light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.