Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Displays going crazy!

So, I am running 2 LED Cinema Displays on a Mac Pro Eight-Core with NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 cards. Recently my displays have started going crazy every so often. It's looks kind of like they have frozen but if I open a menu, play a video, drag a window etc. it kind of creates echoes of whatever froze on the screen. I have to restart the comp to be able to use it. Not sure if that makes sense. Anyway, it's a pretty intermittent problem. It's been doing it for about the past 2 months - it did it about 3 times, but it's just done it 3 times within 2 days. Not sure what the problem might be.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Eight-Core - 16GB RAM - 2 Displays

Posted on May 6, 2011 2:11 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2011 5:34 AM in response to karlmawdsley

I have a similar issue with 24" LED Cinema Display and a Brand new MBP 8.2. Display is "blinking" on and off, and image is sometimes garbled and windows etc have echoes. The weird thing is that it works absolutly fine with a 27" LED CD. I have tried to use a 24" Display that works fine on a MBP 7.1, and that has the same problem.

It seems that my MBP is incompatible with 24" LED CD....

Displays going crazy!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.