Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I lock the number of posts per page?

I am getting very tired of switching from 30 posts per page to 15 posts per page every time I select a "community".

I have not found any place to specify that I always want 15 posts per page.

Did I miss it or is it not there?

Just for the record, I hate this new format.

Posted on May 6, 2011 3:44 AM

8 replies

May 6, 2011 6:14 AM in response to Retired Engineer

I have not found any place to specify that I always want 15 posts per page.

An example URL displaying 15 topics in a community looks like this (sorry, but the software breaks a live link):

https://discussions.apple.com/community/using_apple_support_communities#/?per_page=15

You can add any number you like after per_page= and bookmark it.

May 6, 2011 7:44 AM in response to Retired Engineer

Doesn't do much good to define the number of post to only have it revert back. Doesn't seem to much to ask.

Same with "Refine this list" I narrow down a discussion and close the window (in order to compact and refine,) and everytime I reload it opens up and expands taking up a huge percenatge of my viewing window.

So much for Refinement. I have given up on try to customize my experience.

May 6, 2011 10:09 AM in response to Tuttle

Tuttle wrote:

That's the one thing that hasn't changed from previous iterations.

Not exactly, at least for me. The old version was pretty responsive & the list overviews suited my needs well, so it was still usually a little faster to use them than waiting for the new version to respond & load all its additional page content from a bookmarked URL.

May 6, 2011 10:27 AM in response to R C-R

Well, the old version, like the versions that came before it, is dead and gone, so I don't really have use or time for waxing nostalgic about what was. I'll leave that to you and others.

In spite of all the complaints, there are plenty of ways to customize the user experience here. It takes a bit of time, but, you know, such is life. If people want to make the most out of the site, fantastic. Pretty much every complaint I've seen can be overcome with some digging and tweaking, and I will help continue to help people with that in any way I can.

As you know, there are a lot of refinements being worked on. There are some issues with finding new content that I would like to see straightened out, but otherwise, I'm enjoying the new ASC and discovering its many possibilities.

Good luck!

How do I lock the number of posts per page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.