Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4 Speakephone is terrible. WTF apple?

Why is the iPhone speakerphone so quiet? I can barely hear anything when I'm driving. Is there no way to increase the volume Through software or hardware mods?

Posted on May 6, 2011 5:27 AM

7 replies

Jun 20, 2011 6:58 PM in response to JMACTACULAR

JMACTAGULAR,

I know it might seem lame to suggest a work around, but this worked for me until I went to a Bluetooth device. I have a belt holder and cover system on my iPhone 4 that allows me to invert the phone in the holder. That is to say, the bottom is pointed up towards you while you are seated in your car. This directs the sound up to your ears rather than down at the seat. It's cheap and effective and I use this system even when I'm connected to the Bluetooth device. Not sure what your local laws require while driving, most require some sort of speaker phone, wired, or wireless device. I know you mentioned holding the phone in your hand, but maybe you should consider a Bluetooth device or use your iPhone's earphones with the mic. The Bluetooth solution isn't as cheap as just pointing the phone up, but for me it works more reliably than pointing the phone up.

G-N

IPhone 4 Speakephone is terrible. WTF apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.