Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling UPnP on Time Capsule

I setup a wireless webcam server in my house, but in order to view the live stream without a time limit, I need to enable UPnP on my Time Capsule.

1. Can this be done?

2. If so, how?

3. If not, other options?

Thanks!

Andy

Posted on May 6, 2011 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2011 7:02 AM

Apple calls UPnP....Port Mapping

Open AirPort Utility - Click Manual Setup

Click the Advanced (gear) icon

Click Port Mapping (If Port Mapping does not appear, you have the Time Capsule set up in Bridge Mode. You will need to set up UPnP or Port Mapping on your "main" gateway or router in this case)

Click the + (plus) button at the bottom of the list to set up your service and assign specific port numbers according to your webcam documentation

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2011 7:02 AM in response to ajcamm

Apple calls UPnP....Port Mapping

Open AirPort Utility - Click Manual Setup

Click the Advanced (gear) icon

Click Port Mapping (If Port Mapping does not appear, you have the Time Capsule set up in Bridge Mode. You will need to set up UPnP or Port Mapping on your "main" gateway or router in this case)

Click the + (plus) button at the bottom of the list to set up your service and assign specific port numbers according to your webcam documentation

Enabling UPnP on Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.